Hi I’m Steve’s dog Sailor. A Chesapeake
Bay Retriever by birth, I am stubborn and
a loudmouth. Sometimes I see things that
I just don’t agree with and feel as though
I must speak out about them. Oh the
topics are many and I hope you like what
I have to say, but if you don’t well too bad.
Remember I’m just a dog.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pro? sports

I love sports, especially sports on television. I used to like going to pro games at the towns that I lived in stadiums. Sometime after the 1990's got here it became less fun to go to the games. Not only were the prices too high, the behavior of the fans at the games became too rowdy to put up with. Now when I was younger "rowdy" was a good thing at a ball game. You could show your team spirit and maybe even throw off the visiting team by loud cheering and cat calls. Somehow though, largely because of television the behavior changed from rowdy to reckless. Too much beer and too little respect turned into having to get into a fistfight just because you were wearing the wrong colors or cheering for the wrong team. So I switched to watching most of my teams on TV. The view was better and the atmosphere was way more friendly. You could still drink beer and eat hot dogs but the chances were good that you could also enjoys the brats and beer without having to get into a fight because you cheered on your team when they were winning. Then in the last few years even watching the pro's on TV got boring. I am talking specifically about football here, although basketball and baseball are the same I just like football better. Hockey was always a TV sport because I have rarely lived in a town with a pro hockey team. But pro football has become so predictable that there is very little suspense left in the game. It is either a blowout or a boreout and no team dares to be different. This is not about college football, that is still a quality game with plenty of innovation and gambling on chancy calls. The pros on the other hand call the same plays for the same scenarios and the players actually celebrate when they make a tackle. THATS WHAT YOU ARE PAID TO DO STUPID! Suppose I did a high five when I completed my job task that I was being paid to do PLEEZE. Also the players seem to forget that they are on a team. With all of the signifying and self congratulation it makes me want to puke. And the press are even worse. Speculation over free agency and team loyalty are what they spend the most of there time talking about or what the owner is going to do about the coach. Please return to the days when taking chances are part of the game and not a mistaken call from the sidelines. Play the game like it is handed to you and not how the play book calls no matter what the score or quarter is. Until then my season ends on New Years day!

No comments: