Hi I’m Steve’s dog Sailor. A Chesapeake
Bay Retriever by birth, I am stubborn and
a loudmouth. Sometimes I see things that
I just don’t agree with and feel as though
I must speak out about them. Oh the
topics are many and I hope you like what
I have to say, but if you don’t well too bad.
Remember I’m just a dog.

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Life Without Leashes.

Dedicated to Sailor-Nov. 23 1992-Feb. 21 2004

I want to thank everyone who sent in kind wishes for my recovery from being sick. At first I thought I was going to do well as I was feeling much better and starting to get back into my favorite activities and although as you know getting sick in America can be very expensive, you can get really great care and my doctors could not have been better in their efforts to make me well. Unfortunately all of their attempts to heal me were to no avail as my tumors came back very suddenly and by early February I was not feeling very good at all. One night I jumped up on my master’s bed and all of a sudden I went blank and fell off the bed unto the floor. He was very upset by this and I could tell by his vibes that he was very sad and I prepared to go quietly into the next life. It was just a vague memory sitting in the back yard of my doctors office and as I drifted of to sleep the warmth of some unknown sensation greeted me gently. I felt such sadness that I would be without my human pals but I also knew that I was in for one heck of a ride. So anyway here I am doing my speakout from the great unknown. So far the best benefit from this perspective is that I have access to insight now that I never knew I had before. For example did you know that cats are really just cross-eyed dogs. That is why they always seem so confused and bewildered by silly things like balls attached to bouncy sticks that go up and down when they swat them or why they just stare out the window for days at a time. But I did have the chance to talk to the big boss when I first got here and was told that if I wanted to know something I should ask myself first and the answer would come to me. I think the point is that everyone of us was created with all the knowledge there is and you just have to look inward to find it. That probably sounds pretty hefty for a dog but indulge me. Knowledge is the only thing that can set you free and you can’t get there without going there. So from now on I will be sending my impressions of a life without leashes on to my pal Stebun to post on his web site and share some of the insights that will come to me as I move on in time.

No comments: